Preparing for a colonic
Firstly please don’t panic! It’s normal to feel slightly nervous (although I always say to my clients it’s excitement about how better you may feel afterwards)!
Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out your medical history form (unless you choose to do so beforehand). Upon completion we will spend some time talking, reviewing your health history, answering questions and making sure that you feel very comfortable before getting started.
The following are JUST SUGGESTIONS ONLY…
- Drinking as much water as you can comfortably is important – do NOT over-compensate by guzzling a gallon of water a few hours before your treatment or you are likely to constantly want to go for a pee.
- Eat healthy and nourishing foods the day of your session unless you are fasting or on a specific Detox Program.
- Eating a meal two to four hours before your colonic is ideal, but no food or beverage should be consumed in the two hours before your appointment.
- You are in the process of taking very good care of yourself so allow for the time and space you need to be in a calm state of mind. Your body responds best to treatment when it is relaxed – which I will ensure that you are.
- A day or two before your appointment drinking 16 to 32 ounces of raw vegetable juice daily can be really helpful. Raw veggie juice goes to work to help scrub your cells squeaky clean like soap does for us externally. A colonic rinses the released toxins out of the body and away from our internal lining. Drinking the raw veggie juice prior to your colonic helps loosen wastes in the body and starts the cleansing process in advance.
A great cleansing formula is: One head romaine lettuce or equal to that amount in celery, 5-6 stalks kale, 1-2 apples, 1 whole lemon, 1-2 tablespoons fresh ginger (go all organic if you can).
- Avoid dairy products, red meats, shell fish, processed carbohydrates (white rice, pasta, etc.), fried foods, sugar, carbonated beverages i.e. fizzy pop or cheeky beers and that also includes carbonated water too…… for as long as you can leading up to your appointment.
- Include lots of the following in your diet:
- Raw fruits – ideally only 2 portions a day – a portion being 80grams or 3oz people who don’t do metric 😉
- Lightly steamed, low starch vegetables
- Organic raw nuts and seeds
- Plenty of omega 3, 6, 9, coconut oils, avocados and cold pressed plant oils like olive and sesame oil
- Whole grains – NOT whole wheat
- Chicken and fish
- Chew your food thoroughly. Try to chew each mouthful 20 to 30 times before swallowing. Thorough chewing will reduce the accumulation of undigested food and pockets of gas in your colon.
- Now I actually see more socks and toes than I do bottoms believe it or not……. so Ladies nicely painted toes and smooth legs are an advantage and for the Gentlemen trendy socks are also good so I have something interesting to look at! I do have a sense of humour so don’t panic
Please feel free to talk openly and honestly with your colonic therapist to discuss your lifestyle, medical history, and any questions or concerns you may have about your symptoms or the procedure.