Benefits of a colon massage and deep organ massage
- Promotes relaxation, thereby reducing stress and anxiety
- Ease of muscular tension, soreness and stiffness
- Improved skin tone, circulation and elasticity
- Elimination of toxins and swelling
- Boosts immune system
- Relieves tired and stiff joints
- Eases stress
- Relieves tension in muscles which in turn can create pain
- Lowers blood pressure
Common complaints treated with Swedish Massage
Swedish massage has proven effective in the treatment of:
- muscle aches and pains,
- headaches and migraines,
- emotional conditions,
- poor circulation,
- low immune system,
- IBS and digestive disorders,
- anxiety and stress
but is in no way limited to this list!
If you are suffering from fluid retention (oedema), tiredness, recurring illnesses such as colds and flu, aches and pains or just the stress of life, a full body massage with lymphatic drainage techniques is excellent to help remove toxins, reduce fluid retention and boost the immune system. Regular massage can improve your circulation and your health and help your body to fight off infection without the use of conventional medicines.
What is Swedish Massage?
Touch is an amazing sensation and the most basic form of communication we receive from the minute we are born. Parents cradle their babies to soothe and comfort and even as adults we embrace to re-create a feeling of comfort, love and protection. It makes sense therefore that other forms of touch such as massage, can bring about such feelings of relaxation, comfort and well-being. Massage has been used for centuries as an instinctive way to relieve muscle tension and to relax the body and mind.
Swedish Massage uses a variety of stroking, kneading, pressure and flowing movements over the body to treat and prevent a huge variety of complaints, or can simply be used for deep relaxation. It has also been shown to be helpful in reducing pain.
What happens during a Swedish massage treatment?
- You will make yourself comfortable on the massage couch, with a large towel to cover your body. During the massage, only the part of your body being massaged will be exposed, to ensure your modesty. A full body massage usually treats the back, legs, abdomen, arms, chest and neck, although this can be adapted to suit your individual requirements or preferences.
- A massage oil, of your choice will be applied to the skin to allow free movement of the massage techniques and to nourish the skin.
- You can lie and relax and let the stresses of your body and mind release and be treated.
- At the end of the treatment, I will leave and allow you to dress in private.
Who can enjoy Swedish Massage?
As with all hands-on holistic therapies, Swedish massage may not be suitable for everyone and certain medical conditions may prevent the use of this treatment, or may require your GP’s consent. A full consultation will be carried out before your first treatment which enables us to ensure that Swedish massage is right for you.
Please feel free to call or email if you would like to check your suitability before your treatment.