Is your gut trying to tell you something? The Complete Health Clinic provides a Food Intolerance testing service, in conjunction with YorkTest, an award-winning testing company.
How Does It Work?
The range of food intolerance tests, allergy tests and health tests are designed to empower you to better understand, take control and optimise your health and wellbeing. Eliminate the guesswork, get a true picture of your health and understand what works for you.
1. You will receive your testing kit in the post or complete in the clinic.
2. Take a blood sample with our finger-prick easy to use kit.
3. Send your kit and sample back in the prepaid envelope.
4. Receive your test results within 5 working days.
After approximately 5 days, you will receive an email with a report showing clear colour coded test results and a full support pack advising of any food and drink intolerances.
Along with your results, we will issue you with comprehensive support information to ensure you maintain optimum health. Food and drink specific IgG test customers will also receive personal one-to-one advice from me to support your dietary changes.
Premium Food Intolerance Test £179
Find out whether you have a sensitivity to over 200 food and drink ingredients.
- Measures all four subtypes of food-specific IgG
- Simple finger-prick blood test
- Receive expert, accurate analysis from our fully-accredited laboratory technicians
- Results listed in easy-to-read traffic light values: high, borderline, and normal reactivity
- We will go through your results together, one 30-minute consultation included
- Track your progress with a food and drinks diary
Food and Environmental Allergy Test £179
Tests For 23 Foods And 19 Environmental Allergens
Allergies can be life-changing, with various symptoms like itching, swelling, vomiting, and diarrhoea; we provide an accurate test to help you to understand what might be contributing. An anaphylactic reaction can potentially be fatal, so there’s no time to waste in finding out what foods could be the issue.
Once you receive your results, you’ll have the power to take the next steps to improve your lifestyle for good. No more guessing which foods might be a problem; our clear results provide guidance on what foods or environmental allergens you should avoid.
Essential Health Check £129
Begin the journey to improving your health and wellbeing with the Essential Health Check. It’s time to start taking care of yourself, including your immune system. The Essential Health Check offers a scientific understanding of whether you are deficient in vitamins and iron, with advice to take simple steps to better protect your health overall.
- Test for 19 different health markers, covering: cholesterol and triglycerides, liver function, vitamin D, iron deficiency, B12, and folate.
- Simple at-home finger-prick blood test or complete in clinic.
- Provides hospital standard, easy-to-read traffic light results.
- Supporting guidebook provided to help you make effective lifestyle changes.
- Receive advice to better support your overall health.
How Common Are Food Allergies And Food Intolerances?
Food intolerances are estimated to affect 45% of the UK population, whereas a food allergy affects approximately 2% of the adult population.
It can be assumed that food intolerances have increased over the years, with speculation that changes in agriculture practices, antibiotic usage and environmental pollution could be responsible.
Symptoms of food intolerance include:
- Abdominal pain or cramping
- Gas and bloating
- Headaches and migraines
- Skin issues, such as acne, eczema, psoriasis or urticaria
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Anxiety or depression
- Respiratory issues, such as rhinitis and sinusitis
- Joint pain, swelling, fibromyalgia and arthritis
The above symptoms can take hours or up to 3 days to appear. Therefore, it can be difficult to pinpoint your reaction, especially if a person has more than one food trigger. In contrast, food allergy symptoms can vary from mild to severe, usually appearing from 30 minutes to two hours after eating the food.
The foods we eat can have a huge effect on our quality of life, these tests often give people long-awaited answers to their problems.